Growth Group Questions
Matthew 5:38-48 and Romans 12:9-13:1-7
- Pumpkin Pie or Apple Pie? Which most tastes like fall?
- What is Jesus calling His followers to do and be in Matthew 5 especially verses 43-48?
- Please read Romans 12:9 – 13:7. How do we implement both the call to “bless those who persecute you” and submit ourselves to the governing authorities who “do not bear the sword in vain”?
- What are the reasons you would give for going to war and what are the reasons you would give for not going to war?
- Is it possible to fulfill the biblical call to “love our neighbor” and to also go to war?
- Why would war ever be considered a loving thing to do?
- How would you provide justification for war? How would you provide justification for not participating in a particular war? That is, what criteria would you use to decide a war is not “just”?
- How does the gospel of Jesus bring hope in the face of war?