Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
The Mission of the Gibson City Bible Church...
to glorify God by making disciples* of Jesus Christ in Gibson City and the world.
We will pursue this Mission through ministries of:
- Worship that uplifts the Name of Jesus Christ;
- Fellowship and caring within the body; and
- Teaching of the Word and equipping of believers;
- Outreach in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ
*A disciple of Jesus Christ is a person who by God's grace and calling has entered into an ongoing, life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, who grows in that relationship by becoming a learner, follower, and imitator of Christ, and who seeks to actively reproduce that relationship in others.
We believe in . . .
- one God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- the Old and New Testaments as inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings
- the Creation of man by the direct act of God
- the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; His identification as the Son of God; His substitutionary atonement for the sins of mankind by shedding His blood on the cross; the resurrection of His body from the tomb; His ascension into Heaven; His personal, bodily, imminent pre-millennial return; His power to save men from sin;
- the new birth through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit and the gift of eternal life by the grace of God
- a literal Heaven, the final abode of the saved and literal Hell, the final abode of the unsaved.